Sunday, June 13, 2010

Reason #8: No More Maid Service

Every time I have found myself between relationships or when I was just divorced and on my own, the greatest feeling of relief has always been the fact that there is no more cleaning up after a man or roommate. I’m a fussy housekeeper and I would just like for the floor to stay clean for at least 30 minutes after I’ve scrubbed and waxed. Thirty minutes isn’t much to ask for, but if you’re living with a messy, inconsiderate person, they win, you lose.

I should have done a better job at paying attention to the signals early on in most of these relationships. My second husband’s apartment was abominable. Every item of clothing he had worn for two weeks was all over his bedroom floor. He didn’t care and said they got picked up when it was time to go to the Laundromat. Each morning, he would have a bowl of cereal and when he was finished, he would sit the bowl down anywhere in the apartment. There were plastic cereal bowls with spoons stuck in them everywhere.

You ask, “and you married this guy?” Well, yeah. Just another one of those relationships where you love someone so much, you convince yourself that they will change. Never in a million years!

Check out this reason and 100 more in my new book, “Single 101: 101 Reasons to Celebrate Being Single”, available on Amazon at the end of June, 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment